Since you are here and having issue with your computer it freeze and display shows colorful broken images. At that time nothing works, as soon as Windows starts the Afterburner program, your system completely goes freeze.
Why system freeze/ crash?
The Best Reason. You have overclocked your graphics card, probably to the highest megahertz given in the program. And you also set the program to launch with windows which is why it is causing error whenever it starts leaving your computer completely frozen up.
1. Uninstall afterburner as soon as the computer start.
When you start your computer it will take avoid to load all the startup programs.
- You can quickly try to click the start menu.
- Right-click on the afterburner and select the uninstall option it will take you to the install and uninstall page.
- Find MSI afterburner and uninstall it.
If you are not successful try and try again few times. I did the same and it solve my problem.
2. Unplug the graphics card
- Unplug the graphics card connect monitor to the motherboard and uninstall Afterburner program.
- Simple open your cabinet, gently un-screw the Graphics card and remove it. Connect your monitor cabal to motherboard port. Now, simply start Windows and remove the software.
Other solution are booting your computer into safe mode and then remove the program. Which will take time because depending on your machine, booting into safe mode can be frustrating. But why not do that, as long as it solve your issue.
3. Boot into Safe mode and uninstall Afterburner.
Boot into safe mode, by pressing the F8/f11 key depending on your computer. There are many ways to boot into safe mode, one of which is following.
- Type msconfig in Run box (Windows + R).
- From Boot tab, tick safe mode.
- Click apply, restart your computer.
- When PC boots into safe mode, go to Programs and uninstall MSI afternurner.
- msconfig > boot > untick safe boot > restart PC.
4. Boot without startup services.
If the above method didn’t help to avoid the blue screen with the error INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR you could prevent startup-time services making your PC boot with minimal startup programs to fix the issue.
Here is how to do it.
- Press Windows key, search msconfig and open System Configuration.
Alternatively, type msconfig in Run dialogue (Windows + R).
- Choose selective startup and opt-out Load startup items. Now press OK, and it’ll ask you to restart your computer. Or you can manually turn-off computer and boot it again to see it fixed the error INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD.
- Now head to Services tab, if you can spot AMD related service, untick it. Make sure your Hide all Microsoft services. If unsure, choose to Disable all and save changes.
Now it should fix your issue of the blue screen of death with error message INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR if not? Try the below solution.
5. Delete Graphics/Network Driver
This is a good solution if you want a quick fix for this error, and that about removes the possible graphics or network drivers from your computer. Now basically all you have to do is go to control panel and then uninstall the graphics or network driver from your computer. But in case your computer shows the blue screen of death with error INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR you can use this approach.
- Put your computer in safe mode, click on start button type msconfig and press enter key.
- Now select Boot -> Safe mode -> minimal -> OK -> Restart
- Your computer will not boot in safe mode now you need to uninstall graphics and network drivers.
- Right click on my PC or my computer select devices.
- Under the graphics and network driver right click and install them.
- Run msconfig > Boot > Untick Safe mode > OK > Restart
Nvidia graphics card are AMD are two major stack holder in graphics card war. Intel also shared plans to release graphics card (not CPU dedicated GPU) this might leave other Graphics card company into woods. Until then, Nvidia graphics card series 10x works best for AAA title games. For a casual gamer, GTX 1060 3GB is enough for playing games at1080p with ~100FPS is more than enough.