Read how to fix proximity sensor issue on Xiaomi Redmi 2 and other CyanogenMod 12 or newer ROM’S.
Fix proximity sensor Redmi 2 (Custom Rom)
Fix proximity sensor in Xioami/MI devices.
Fix proximity sensor issue when Call screen goes OFF.
The thing I want to mention here.
You need to know what caused your proximity sensor is not working properly. You will find your answer if you,
- Flashed new ROM and proximity sensor are not working and before it was working.
- Your proximity sensor is not working because of any software.
I have a redmi 2 device on which I flashed CM12 ( Android 5) and faces some bugs, One major bug is that when you call or receive a call the Screen goes OFF.
Reason – I checked proximity sensor log’s via Sensor Sense App, I noticed that it’s value stuck between 0 to 4. and a normal proximity sensor can detect distance up to value 20.
So even there is nothing in front of it, it acts like something is near. We research it on google a lot and found nothing that can help me in this case for redmi 2 devices.
But then, I found a fix.
I took a backup of my old Rom and I found a file that is especially for the proximity sensor. I checked on current ROM and it too has the same file on the same location. The file name can vary on other devices, you need to find that on your OLD ROM and need to replace that file on your Currently installed rom. Make sure to use the file explorer like ES file manager with root permissions.
[if CM 12 – Go to developer setting and Enable Root Access, and in ES manager in setting check ‘ROOT Explorer’]
The proximity sensor works by help of this file “sensors.msm8916.so”
And the location is “system folder > lib > hw > sensors.msm8916.so”
- This filename is specifically for Redmi 2 device. you can download “sensors.msm8916.so” file here. Other devices may have this file starting with ” sensors.xxxx.so ” at the location written above.
- Download file (if redmi 2) or (locate the file on your old ROM, copy it. Now delete the current rom sensor file and paste the old file there
- After replacing you need to change its permissions to “-rr-w–“
If you are here for fixing the issue on Redmi 2 You can download this file above and Replace it and reboot. it will work 100%. Don’t be so mean like us on facebook as credit.