Read how to fix proximity sensor issue on custom ROMs likes of LineageOS and Resurrection Remix.
Fix proximity sensor Redmi 2 (Custom Rom)
Fix proximity sensor in Xioami/MI devices.
Fix proximity sensor issue when Call screen goes OFF.
The thing I want to mention here.
You need to know what caused your proximity sensor is not working properly. You will find your answer if you,
- Flashed new ROM and proximity sensor are not working and was working fine before.
- Your proximity sensor is not working because of any software.
I had a redmi 2 device on which I flashed CM12 (Android 5) and faced some bugs, One major bug was when you call or receive a call the screen goes OFF.
Reason – I checked the proximity sensor log’s via SensorSense App, just to notice that its value stuck between 0 to 4 and generally proximity sensor can detect distance up to value 20. So even there is nothing in front of it, it acts like something is covering it. I research it on google a lot and found nothing that can help me in this case for redmi 2 devices.
But then, I found a fix.
I took a backup of my old Rom and found a file responsible for the proximity sensor. I checked on current ROM and it too has the same file on the same location. The file name can vary on different devices, you need to find that on your old ROM and need to replace it in new ROM. Make sure to use ES file manager with root permissions.[Enable Root Access and in ES manager in setting check ‘ROOT Explorer’]
The proximity sensor works with help of this file “sensors.msm8916.so”
And the location is “system folder > lib > hw > sensors.msm8916.so”
- This filename is specifically for Redmi 2 device. you can download “sensors.msm8916.so” file here. Other devices may have this file starting with ” sensors.xxxx.so ” at the location written above.
- Download file (if redmi 2) or (locate the file on your old ROM, copy it. Now delete the current rom sensor file and paste the old file there
- After replacing you need to change its permissions to “-rr-w–“
That’s how you fix simple issues regarding proximity sensor. If you are here for fixing the issue on Redmi 2 you can download this file above and Replace it and reboot. it will work 100%. Don’t be so mean like us on facebook as credit.