Each screen comes with a default or native resolution, on which images and video look more crispy and sharper. Day by day people are shifting from low-resolution screen to high-resolution screen for the sake of Eyes. 13″ laptop comes with various resolution ranging from 720p to high-end 4K resolution, so today we will talk about 13-inch screen resolution along with standard DPI/PPI.
The majority of 13-inch devices come with a standard resolution of 1920×1080 or 1366×768 pixels, but this is not a standard value of something that is very pleasing to human eye.
- The first example is if you have a 13-inch laptop with a resolution of 1366×768 this will result slightly (not comfortable) okay pixel per inch number which will be approximately 1 million. If you look at your screen very carefully, you can easily differentiate between two pixels. The same resolution on a 15″ laptop may result in a weak PPI of ~100.
- The second example we have here in a 13-inch laptop with a resolution of 1920 by 1080 p, which produces a good number of PPI which is 165. If compared to 15″ the PPI value would come around 146.
- The third example would be anything higher than the 1920x1080p, and you can see up to 400 PPI screens in modern laptops.I have seen that if you’re getting a 13″ laptop with 1080p resolution, paying an additional $100 or $200 will get you a 4K resolution screen.
I have seen that if you’re getting a 13″ laptop with 1080p resolution, paying an additional $100 or $200 will get you a 4K resolution screen.
- 13-inch screen: The 1080p display is quite good and is more than enough, the viewport is fine and Windows 10 scale text, apps, and another element up to 150% so everything will look affordable (not so tiny).
- A 14-inch screen with 1080p will also result in a clear and crisp display that is just 1-inch-1080p-extra.
- the 15-inch probably result in poor PPI, especially if you look close to the screen you’ll see pixels which isn’t good for the eyes. So choose anything but a screen resolution up to 1080p or 4k.
So what’s the good resolution for a 13-inch laptop?
The higher is always better, but if you can’t find a 4k resolution laptop in your budget or the laptop you want doesn’t have the higher resolution model then stick to at least 1080p resolution.
Our picks are.
Media consumption: A 14 inch laptop with 1080p resolution.
Writing and working online: 15-inch laptop with 2k or 3k resolution, i.e MI Notebook Ultra 2021
Also, you can figure out the exact PPI/DPI by putting the resolution and screen size values in this tool.