MIUI9 beta is in action, here is how to install MIUI 9 Beta Rom on your xiaomi phone before anyone else.
Install MIUI 9 on your Xiaomi phone
By unlocking bootloader and flashing MIUI9 recovery rom using TWRP.
Installation steps, we’ve together all the resources you’ll need to flash miui9 rom, the first method uses a custom Android recovery to flash MIUI 9 ROM, and in the 2nd method, we will use official MI Flash tool to install MIUI 9 using fastboot ROM.
Notice that MIUI9 Beta ROM is available for Redmi note 4/4X and MI 6.
Step 1. Unlock your bootloader.
Apply at MIUI to get unlock permission for your device. Log in the same account in your xiaomi device. Don’t hurry or worry, I have been there, you can trust me on this. It will take some patience, but I assure you you’ll get your device’s bootloader unlocked, so you can flash any ROM, and do everything a rooted phone could ever do, these days MI gives permission in a short span of time, the second time only took me less than 30 minutes.
Open your phone > about > miui version > tap several time to enable developer options. Now go to “developer options” and enable the “OEM unlock” and “USB debugging“.
- Step 1. Turn off your phone and boot into fastboot mode, (Power + Vol down key simultaneously).
- Step 2. Open the MI unlock tool as administrator or just as you open any setup file by double clicking on it. Accept the rules, and the terms of the MI unlock tool. Make sure you’re connected to the Internet on your laptop or computer.
- Step 3. Sign in with your MI account, and you can use your email and password, though, not necessarily.
- Step 4. Make sure your phone is connected to the computer via USB cable while in fastboot mode. On a successful connection, you’ll see the “unlock” button, click on that and hold tight.
Step 2. Install TWRP recovery.
Download ADB and fastboot zip (Download and extract on your computer).
Step 1. Open your phone in the fastboot mode and connected to the computer using the USB cable. You’ll need to install ADB driver and the Fastboot zip files to flash the twrp.img on your phone.
Step 2. Right click in the white or black area and choose “open command prompt windows from here“, here is an image from an old guide.
Enable “Open Command Window Here” Option in SHIFT+Right-Click Menu
Step 3. Now the command prompt window will open, and you’ll need to type a few commands to install TWRP on the phone. Please note that handle this with care and do not type imaginary commands, this might do nasty things to your phone).
Type the following command to determine whether your phone is successfully connected to the computer.
If you see some characters, this confirms that the phone is in fastboot mode and connected successfully to the computer and there is no need to install other drivers.
Now enter the following command to flash the TWRP recovery. Replace the ‘twrp.img’ If your twrp recovery file has a different name. The twrp.img file should be in the same folder.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Or To temporary boot into TWRP recovery (One time)
fastboot boot twrp.img
You can use the following command to reboot. That’s not required. Though, you can press “Vol + Power Up” button simultaneously to load the TWRP recovery menu.
Step 4. Flashing SuperSU.
Alright, now access the Twrp menu and choose Install > and select the location where you put the SuperSu zip file > Flash it.
Next time when you start your phone, it will have SuperSu application installed which will manage root permission to apps and things that require it.
Step 3. Flash Miui 9 ROM along with Gapps
As of now, we’ve China beta link for MIUI 9 for Redmi Note 4 (which is also applicable to Redmi 4). Download the ROM using this link.
Redmi Note 4
More devices rom coming soon.
1. after flashing from Fastboot you’ll have to install TWRP recovery again.
2. before booting into rom, flash SuperSU zip from TWRP (Download from official super su site) and reboot.
3. download http://www.mediafire.com/file/7ryryr…taller_2.0.apk this and install.
4. go to recovery and flash gapps.
Install MIUI9 ROM using MiFlash Tool
- A PC with fastboot drivers installed.
- MiFlash tool (requires .Net framework 3.5)
- Unlocked bootloader.
- MIUI9 Fastboot ROM.
Note: backup all of your data to an external location like on your computer because installing MIUI 9 ROM will erase everything on your phone.
- Open phones settings app, head to About and tap on Miui Version several times to enable developer’s options. From there enable USB debugging and unlock OEM options.
- Download and install MI flash software on your computer.
- Turn off your xiaomi device and enter in fastboot mode by holding power button + volume down simultaneously. You will see an Android robot when your phone is in fastboot mode.
- Launch MI flash application, ensure that your phone is connected to the computer via USB cable while in fastboot mode. There is a “refresh” in MI flash application that will display connected devices in fastboot mode. Make sure you have an unlocked bootloader, and otherwise you won’t be able to flash the MIUI9 fastboot ROM.
- Download MIUI9 fastboot ROM for your phone. Extract the file fastboot ROM on your desktop.Redmi Note 4 MIUI9 Fastboot ROM: Links here.
- From MI Flash tool click on “Select” button and navigate to the MIUI 9 fastboot extracted folder. Then click on “Flash” button.
After a couple of minutes, your phone will automatically reboot and will take Furthermore time to set up thing. Once you are all set, you have to select your country and a few another setting, and you are ready to go. At this time the MIUI 9 is in alpha and beta phase which means you will undoubtedly encounter a lot of work and features won’t work as expected.
Like what you read? Follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to get new post via Email.