MI Flash tool is a utility that allows you to install MIUI ROM on the Xiaomi phone. Many times you soft-brick your phone when trying to root, installing a custom recovery or custom ROM. When that happens you may want to get back to the stable or developer MIUI ROM, since the recovery ROM isn’t the best way to fresh installing MIUI on your Xiaomi device.
Here comes the fastboot ROM that Xiaomi provides on their website so you can easily flash using the MI Flash tool. This is a comprehensive guide that will help you to download the MI Flash tool as well as proper guidance to revert back to MIUI without any problem.
Download MiFlashTool Beta and Stable Version
File Size: 92MB
How to use: Extract and run XiaomiMIFlash.exe
Instructions to Use MI Flash Tool
- Once you download, extract the zip and install it on your computer.
- Open the MI Flash tool and select a fastboot ROM source. Please note that the fastboot ROM should be unzipped, you can download fastboot Rom from the MI website which will basically in the (.tgz) format, you should use an archive manager like 7ZIP to extract.
- Boot into fastboot mode by pressing the power key + volume down key together, you will know when your phone is in fastboot mode as the Android robot will show on your phone.
- From the MI Flash tool click on the refresh button to check if your phone is correctly connected to the computer. You need to connect your phone to the computer through a USB cable while this fastboot mode is on.
- The flash button and the process will start, installing a fast boot ROM on a redmi note for devices to around 300 seconds which loosely translate to 5 minutes, so a little patience here is necessary when the process is done the phone will automatically restart and will to another couple of minutes to finalize the ROM.
Navigate the article