One of my friend’s Logitech wireless mouse which is something can’t live without was not working sometime ago, he called me to fix this issue. I told him there can be several reasons for his wireless mouse does not work properly and I gave him some simple tips, he thanked me.
So we are giving you some tips that you can use to fix your wireless mouse easily and in a snap. First of all a Logitech mouse can stop working in many instances like Critical battery situation, Driver glitch, Loose USB port issue, etc. These tips work as well for other wireless mouses.
Contents in this post
How To Fix Logitech Wireless Mouse Not Working
- You need to unplug the USB receiver from the computer USB port, wait for few seconds before plugging it back. By removing and connecting the receiver again (and again), your wireless mouse may start working again, if it does not happen, then you can try again.
- This time remove the battery from your wireless mouse as well as turn off the wireless mouse. Now put the wireless mouse back on the battery and turn the mouse on and see if it is working correctly.
- (Also replace mouse battery, even rechargeable batteries degrades so you need to change it).
Update Mouse Driver
This might fix the issue in case of an driver glitch or if you’ve upgraded your operating system. We suppose you’re running on Microsoft Windows and here is how to update/install mouse driver or fix them if that get corrupted.
On Windows 10/8.1/8
- Press the start key and type “Device Manager” and open it. (Win Logo + R) and type “devmgmt.msc” to open device manager).
- Under Mice devices you can see connected mouse, and if you don’t see your wireless mouse name or seeing a typical name such as PS/2 Compliant mouse.
Update Mouse Driver
Right-click on it and click on “Update Driver Software” and you’ll be asked to install driver online. That recommended that you update the wireless mouse using the internet to always get the latest version.
If after updating driver the mouse still fails to work you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver to ensure there will be no software glitch left. To do that right click and select uninstall option, then again scan for Hardware changes and update the mouse driver. This is required sometime when you’ve just thrown your old mouse and took a new wireless mouse.
/ Just make sure you have not disabled the windows automatic update.
Check USB Port errors
If the USB receiver shuts a bit, then it will stop working. So your computer’s USB port has been loose, it’s a simple trick by which you can tighten it so that your mouse does not stop working with small shocks.
Check Microsoft Help
Check and try these solutions given by Microsoft support and troubleshooting page.
If you’re on a older windows, consider updating to windows 10 or even you can install the Windows 10 creator update which bring such new features and a splendid Windows 10 build. Windows 10 automatically install drivers as soon you’re connected to the Internet and not using a metered connection. Below are several link to help you get window 10 install on a computer.
Installation Guides & Resources
Download Windows 10 ISO: Download latest version of Windows 10 from the Microsoft website.
How to Install Windows 10 From USB: If you downloaded a Windows ISO file to your computer, you can create a bootable USB installation media to install Windows 10 on a computer, check windows 10 requirements before you do anything.
Install Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool: You can also Download Windows 10 ISO and create installation media at the same time using the Media creation tool provided by Microsoft. A high-speed internet connection is required.
If You get your Mouse Working Again
We hope to solve a very common problem in this article that now your wireless mouse will be working correctly. Unfortunately, if not, then it’s a perfect time to buy a new wireless mouse (or a Logitech mouse). It may also be possible that your mouse is damaged, but nowadays there is no time to repair the mouse.
Like what you read? Follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to get new post via Email.