A few months ago we shared a guide root redmi 2 (With PC), Now we are sharing how you can root your Redmi 2 without a computer. In this story, you’ll learn the following things,
- → Learn how to root redmi 2/Prime without a computer or PC.
- → how to revert to original MI stock recovery 2.0.1
Warning: Read this before you do anything.
However, this guide should work on most of the MIUI 8 and older version on Redmi 2 or Prime. Besides, I can not guarantee that this will root your phone. If you have a Computer I recommend Rooting your redmi 2 with Computer, that is safe and works 100%. Note: To avoid a boot-loop in case something happens to your device after flashing a zip, it’s recommended that you first have an MIUI ROM backup in your Root directory of Phone and name it “update.zip” so it will help you to quickly flash the ROM.
In worse case your phone can be soft brick, then you have to download a Fastboot ROM for redmi 2 from here, and take help of this guide if you ran into such problem.
How to Root Redmi 2 (without PC)
Navigate the article
We are using the Native root method, in this, you just need to install the ROOT Zip file and flash it using Updater App. (links below)
Device supported Redmi 2/prime – 2014818 and 2014811 / Global variants. MIUI 9, MIUI 8 and MIUI 7 Support.
Download required for rooting redmi 2 (without PC)
All root enable files for redmi 2: Download link
- For Redmi 2/Prime global use Redmi2Root.zip
- For Redmi 2/Prime ROM (Lollipop) use Redmi2PLroot enable.zip
- [Old] [Not recommended] Use RedMi2_ROOTEnable-Quickfever.zip file (Not recommended as some users are reporting phone not starting).
Note: Works with latest MIUI 8 ROM version.
Once you downloaded a root enable zip, rename it to update.zip, if you are using the default recovery to flash this zip file in your redmi 2/Prime, otherwise follow the steps.
Follow these Steps to ROOT REDMI 2/prime
- Download root zip file on your phone and place it where you can find that quickly. You might want to put it in the root directory of internal storage, but it’s your phone–do it in your way.
- Next, find and open the UPDATER APP on your Redmi 2 device. You’ll see three dots on the top right side of the updater app, and this will open a menu like below image.
- Now from the menu choose “Choose Update Package” and Next you will be prompted to select root zip file now you can navigate to SD card can and choose the zip file and tap on it. After you do that, your phone will restart automatically and your redmi 2 phone is rooted now.
If everything goes right to your phone should be rooted. The new Root zip auto installs the SuperSu app on your phone, so any app will ask for root permission and you need to allow them to give root access.
Older root zip: When you open the security app on your phone, you find that a new option will be there for managing root access under permission section.
Go to Security App > Permission – Root access and allow apps to use root.
You can also install the SuperSu application 2 give apps the root access. Cause if you install the supersu application, it would be easy to allow new apps to give root permission as soon they launch. I’m quite very much so that is that will work on you redmi or redmi 2 Prime devices. It can be is a Chinese for global variance of redmi 2.
A NOTE You must read
But if something goes wrong and you didn’t see the option to manage root access in the security app. or you are having a problem, you can root redmi 2 using PC.
How to restore, Stock Mi recovery in Xiaomi Redmi 2
This section is for those who installed the CWM or TWRP recovery. Just because you need to update your phone the newer MIUI updates. Also, it is helpful if you are writing any custom ROM to MIUI Rom.
You can restore your Stock MI Recovery 2.0.1 on your Redmi 2 or prime.
MORE REDMI 2 POSTS you might be interested.
Update to the official Lollipop in redmi 2 or Test the MIUI 8 beta. Do you have less ram on your redmi 2 phone? Try Free-up Space for newly installed apps. Here are a few ways to customize your redmi 2 into a Flat UI look.
How to Check if your Smartphone Supports VR, Looks like Redmi 2 supports the virtual reality feature. Check the post for more information.