Windows Insider is a way to taste upcoming features in Windows 10 stable release, In this case, MN_Release (insider that take place after version 2004). Here is a comprehensive guide on how to download (or build) Windows Insider preview ISO files and get it installed on your computer. First, a Windows insider is more like beta Windows 10.
Microsoft releases many insider previews to test things out, sometimes those features and tweaks make a place in the final version but mostly may not. So it feels good to experience the features that may or may not last forever.
Download stable Windows 10 latest version 2004 or 1909 (our article)
Download Windows 10 Insider preview
So we’re going to give you links to the UUP files, which are hosted on Microsoft servers. The tool automatically converts UUP files to ISO at the end, so YES, you can build the latest insider preview ISO images at home, 100% original and safe.
Follow these steps to get your Windows 10 ISO.
- Download the appropriate version tool (created by the folks from uupdump.ml)
- Extract the zip file by clicking right and selecting Extract all.
- Run the run aria2_download_windows.cmd file for Windows.
Build Original Windows 10 Insider Preview Build ISO [Microsoft]
Warning: many people still rely on the internet to download ISO from the internet which often led your PC get infected, folks over uupdump.ml created this script that compiles ISO using original files obtained through Microsoft servers.
- Download the script from the links given above, use the 64-bit link to download 64-bit Windows 10 UUP files. And use the 32-bit link to build 32-bit Windows insider preview ISO.
- Now extract the tool, right-click and select Extract All option.
- Open the extracted folder, run aria2_download_windows file, this script is an automated script that will download all the files using the Aria2 download program. This is necessary to download multiple files at once.
This will take some minutes, use a high-speed internet connection. you can see the progress inside the command prompt window and all the files that this tool download is from Microsoft server, so yes there is no involvement of third-party files.
If for some reason, you see an error in downloading, just close and start the tool, it will skip downloaded files and confirm all files are downloaded.
The new version of the tool, automatically creates ISO from the files. However, if you wish to manually trigger the ISO building process, read step 4.
(Optional) Step 4. Once done, this script will execute another tool that you can find inside the same folder. Run the convert-UUP to start converting downloaded files to Windows 10 Insider preview ISO.
Get Windows 10 Insider preview UUP files and change it to ISO file: In case you don’t trust the ISO from 3rd party website. You can fetch all the UUP files for the latest Insider preview build and convert them into a single ISO file for installation purpose.
Getting the latest Insider build.
Step 1. Go to computer settings, press Windows Key + I (shortcut)
Step 2. Update & Security > Windows insider program > Setup with Microsoft Account.
Step 3. Update & Security > Windows update > check for update.
This should hook you with the insider program, and you will get the latest insider build if you choose Skip Ahead at the time enabling insider program.
Windows 10 Insider Preview
Download from Microsoft. What’s available: Build 18343.
- First, go to this page and log in to a Microsoft Live account, if you don’t have to create a one. Unlike downloading a Windows 10 stable ISO, this will require a Sign in.
- From the page select the Edition and the Language. Here I choose “Win 10 Insider Preview – Build 18343. Not each recent version is available from the Microsoft if you didn’t find a recent version by using this method, feel free to jump at the bottom of this article where we add links to the latest versions.
- Links will be created for both 64-bit and 32-bit machines; you need to download one according to your PC architecture. How do I know which one I have?
Remember those links are only valid for a 24-hour period (optional) If you wish to download the file in a few days here is how to do that. Basically, you can remote download the file using the links provided by Microsoft.
After that, you can download the file from the cloud storage the usual way. Below are estimation information of ISO file sizes.
Windows insider WIM File, yet another option.
Original Microsoft method uses tool to convert wim to ISO. Available builds: Windows 10 Base Images – 14393 (Anniversary Update),15063 (Creators Update), 16232 , 16237, 16241, 16251, 16257 (Insider Preview) .
Head to the desktop app converter base images page here. Click on the download button and choose the base image you want to download by ticking
Windows 10 WIM files download page screenshot. No longer exist.
Install this official converter tool from windows store (you must be on windows 10), optionally you can use another online tool like this one to extract the wim file data.
Creating Bootable Media
Hopefully, there is more than one way to create a bootable installation media. Creating a bootable USB is a fast way, and installing Window 10 from it is even more simple.
Hope this helps you to get your hands on the latest features and new tweaks. Do more with Windows 10 here are some interesting guides to get going.