Windows Insider is a way to taste the new and upcoming features in Windows 10 stable release, In this case, Redstone 3. Here is a comprehensive guide on how to download Windows Insider preview offline ISO files and resource to help you get it installed on your computer.
This page mostly contains links that are officially provided by Microsoft, see this for more recent builds.
What’s Windows 10 Insider Versions?
- [New] Redstone 4: Development is already started with build 16251.
- [New] Redstone 3: Known as Fall creators update, Preview started with build 16170.
- Redstone 2: Known as Creators update, build 1703, stable version released.
- Redstone 1: Anniversary update builds 1607, stable version released.
Contents in this post
What new in the Insider Preview
Microsoft releases many insider previews to test things out, sometimes those features and tweaks make a place in the final version but mostly may not. So it feels good to experience the features that may or may not last forever.
PS: The latest build is a new update to the older build that fixes a number of bugs, it is also available to be download from the Microsoft side, you can only download build 16232/16193 at this time. To download specifically the latest and older build check the bottom of this page (This section is subject to change). As within weeks new Insider previews are released, but you do find the most recent Windows Insider preview download links at the bottom of this article.
Windows 10 Insider preview 16362
dee396bf-9308-449b-a8c1-93a7265c7d9d = 10.0.16362.1000 x64 rs_prerelease
67de3f61-9eac-4b1c-b3f3-1d1850f52028 = 10.0.16362.1000 x86 rs_prerelease
Getting the latest Insider build
Step 1. Go to computer settings.
Step 2. Update & Security > Windows insider program > setup with MS account.
Step 3. Update & security > Windows update > check for update.
Windows 10 Insider Preview Download
Download from Microsoft. What’s available: Build 16232 and 16193.
- First, go to this page and log in to a Microsoft Live account, if you don’t have to create a one. Unlike downloading a Windows 10 stable ISO, this will require a Sign in.
- From the page select the Edition, and then Language. Here I choose “Win 10 Insider Preview – Build 15025. Not each recent version is available from the Microsoft if you didn’t find a recent version by using this method, feel free to jump at the bottom of this article where we add links to the latest versions.
- Links will be created for both 64-bit and 32-bit machines; you need to download one according to your PC architecture. How do I know which one I have?
Remember those links are only valid for a 24-hour period (optional) If you wish to download the file in a few days here is how to do that. Basically, you can remote download the file using the links provided by Microsoft.
After that, you can download the file from the cloud storage the usual way. Below are an estimation information of ISO file sizes.
Get Insider WIM and convert to ISO
Original Microsoft method uses tool to convert wim to ISO. Available builds: Windows 10 Base Images – 14393 (Anniversary Update),15063 (Creators Update), 16232 , 16237, 16241, 16251, 16257 (Insider Preview) .
Head to the desktop app converter base images page here. Click on download button and choose the base image you want to download by ticking
Install this official converter tool from windows store (you must be on windows 10), optionally you can use another online tool like this one to extract the wim file data.
Creating Bootable Media
Hopefully, there is more than one way to create a bootable installation media. Creating a bootable USB is a fast way, and installing Window 10 from it is even more simple.
Hope this helps you to get your hands on the latest features and new tweaks. Do more with Windows 10 here are some interesting guides to get going.
Convert Windows 10 Insider ESD/ISO
Keep checking this section as you’ll get the latest Insider Preview ESD/ISO links so you can do a fresh install of windows. Please note, that some of the links are as in ESD format which is highly compressed files and needs to be converted into ISO file, use this guide to convert Insider Preview ESD file to ISO files.
Like what you read? Follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to get new post via Email.